Monday 7 April 2014

Two Layer Rice Krispies Cake

Hi!
Today I'm going to show you how to make a two layer Rice Krispies cake. 



I got the idea for this from my Rice Krispies cake post I did for Easter. I decided to make a larger recipe and put it in cake tins! A Rice Krispie cake! I got the recipe from the original Rice Krispie (Canada) website that I will link at the end. I also added in sprinkles to make it look more childish! But I'm warning you, this is a very sweet cake if you make the icing with it!

You Will Need:
  • 250g Normal Marshmallows
  • 50g Butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies

First, you want to melt the marshmallow and butter together.

Then add the vanilla and mix.

Then add the Rice Krispies and mix mix mix!

Then evenly distribute the mixture into two greased cake pans. Flatten out. I used the bottom of a cup measurement.

Then put into the fridge to set.

Now let's move on two the icing.

You Will Need:
  • 50g Chocolate
  • 100g butter
  • 200g icing sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Milk to loosen


Melt the chocolate.

Beat the butter in a bowl and start to add in the sugar.

Then add in the melted chocolate.

Add in some milk to loosen the mixture.

This is what it should look like. Don't ask me why my finger is in the picture...

Then ice the cake.


I hope this has inspired you to make your own cake!
Miss Chubby Fingers (MCF)

Links
The Cake
Rice Krispie Cakes | Easter Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment