Thursday 20 February 2014

Week One

Hi!
Welcome to my first post. I am a very keen gardener who likes to grow all sorts of foliage and flowers.
I have been thinking about blogging for a very long time but my real encouragement came from Debra Prinzing and slow flowers movement.
In her blog, Debra has created 52 arrangements over a 12 month period in which all flowers were locally grown.
I am challenging myself to create a simple arrangement from material from my own garden every week.
This is the first one:

I have cut some Forsythia branches in the garden, stood them in warm water, after making an angled cut to help absorb water, and kept it in a north facing window for a few days to force the flowers to open. The rest of the branches wee collected from the garden, after the heavy wind last Wednesday, and were from a Viburnum bush (it had the white flowers a few weeks ago.)

Mrs Green Fingers (MGF)

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment